She reached out to the manufacturer, who offered to send a free coupon to purchase more salad. She also complained to US Government agencies who are responsible for food and commerce. They took her report, assigned a case number and so far nothing else has occurred.
She spoke to her physician, who ordered toxicity tests and the results will be carefully reviewed.
The lady is now mulling over a lawsuit after purchasing this bag of salad which came with a very nasty bug.
The disgusting insect was a nightmarish way to end her low-calorie meal during her lunch break at work.
“I took another mouthful of my salad, and I saw something disgusting on my plate” she added “And then I spit it out and I said, ‘Oh my God.’” She then decided to take this picture.
She says she then spent hours with a variety of symptoms, including nausea and diarrhea.
“We want to make sure we hold these people accountable, and that this doesn’t happen to anyone else,” she said “For the prices, they’re charging the very least they could do is make sure customers don’t have bugs in their food. We think all consumers deserve better. The banker said the incident “really grossed me out.”
“On the surface, it looks like a very nice bag,” she said. “I thought this would be a good example of something relatively safe to eat and with above average greens. … I’ve eaten salads before, but this has ever happened to me.”
In case you're wondering about the expiration date, this occurred before that date, but the manufacturer and government agencies took their time processing the complaint.
CITY IMAGES is asking all of you if you think this is acceptable and counts as a healthy Meatless meal?
I remember my first and last prepackaged salad. It tasted like chlorine bleach. If it isn't critters, it's chemicals. An insect on fresh produce is no big deal, but in a sealed package, it can decay into something else. The garbage that's sold as food is disgraceful, and the government that allows it needs to be "repealed and replaced"!