Imaginus Media is passionate and committed to our main mission and we aim to foster our diverse communications community.
This Bootcamp Lab is a media program that provides support, and resources for the community as we explore storytelling through digital media.
Our mission is to advance diversity and inclusion efforts, as well as create and strengthen the communications industry.
Imaginus seeks, students, interns, and accomplished media maestros to develop our #BootCamp, an experimental lab for the NYC community.
Instructors are responsible for teaching and developing a curriculum, creating lesson plans, facilitating conversations in the classroom, and coordinating with mentors to educate and empower the community. The instructors are also responsible for creating a supportive environment for our neurodivergent creators to explore.
- Instructors are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the existing curriculum. We invite all our instructors to customize the curriculum to their strengths and bring forth ideas to improve the student experience and filmmaking outcomes.
- Create a nurturing environment that encourages students to explore and create.
- Foster a strong filmmaking community
- Teaching: The Work Readiness Instructor must lead effective, engaging workshops around preparing students for what an entry or second-level job in media will require and how they contribute to the success of a company or production. The Instructor must be available to lead in-person workshops and provide overall industry and career advice.
- Develop differentiated lessons that are customized to student’s strengths and ideas to improve their experiences and educational outcomes
- Experience with teaching neurodivergent teens and young adults
- A professional in the media industry, with a focus on audio, writing, and video production
- Knowledge of and ability to apply positive development practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience in a team-based work environment
- A degree of self-awareness, strong personal boundaries, and to communicate
- Multilingual abilities are always a plus
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, work sample links, and a cover letter to BOOT CAMP at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Days and Nightshifts
All instructors, students, and people are requested to wear a mask, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, and vaccination requirements are in place.
- Teaching experience (Preferred)
Work Location: One the scene in NYC
If anyone requires alternative methods of application or screening, they must approach the Imaginus directly to request this as we are not responsible for the employer's application process.