Join NYC Parks and Backpacker Magazine as we turn the Big Apple into the country’s largest urban adventure playground at the 10th annual Adventures NYC, a celebration of all things outdoors. Adventures NYC brings together more than 25,000 outdoor enthusiasts for a wide range of outdoor activities and exciting demonstrations for all ages to experience, including rock climbing, slacklining, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, fly casting and, outdoor gear exhibits. This year, the festival is expanding to include a second day out in Marine Park, Brooklyn, for an entire weekend of adventure!
DETAILS: Highlights of this year’s event in Central Park include:
• The Slackline World Championships by Gibbon Slacklines, in its American debut, with professional slackliners competing, and ground-level slacklines for beginners
• Climbing walls
• Kayaking instruction and rides with Wheel Fun Rentals
• Stand-up paddle-boarding and fly fishing lessons with expert guides from the L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools®
• Learn to snowboard clinics with instructors from Ski Vermont and Burton Snowboards
• Health & Fitness classes with some of the activities available at NYC Parks’ recreation centers, including Shape Up fitness demonstrations, spin bike mini classes, speedminton and wheelchair basketball
• Mountain Bike Obstacle Course for kids
• Free Bike “Valet Parking” Service
• Bike Helmet Giveaway, courtesy of the NYC Department of Transportation
Sunday in Marine Park will offer:
• Hiking, biking, paddle boats and kayaking around the park and in Jamaica Bay
This event is FREE and open to the public.